Yesterday both MOSS 2007 and WSS 3.0 SDKs were updated to version 1.2. Both packages have been updated with the following:
MOSS 2007 SDK:
- Improved installation
- Start menu items, for easy access to elements in the SDK
- Lots of new tools and samples
- Several "How do I" overviews
- Code samples
- White pap
- Visual Studio Project Templates for SharePoint Server 2007 workflow
- Compiled Help file that contains technical articles and Visual How Tos.
- Web Part Framework Create, package, and deploy Web Parts on SharePoint sites.
- Server-side object model Work with individual lists and sites or manage an entire Windows SharePoint Services deployment.
- Web services Use default Web services, or create custom Web services, to interact with Windows SharePoint Services from external applications.
- Collaborative Application Markup Language (CAML) Customize the schemas that define lists and sites, define queries for use with members of the object model or Web services, and specify parameters for use with methods in Remote Procedure Call (RPC) protocol.
- Master Pages Specify all of the shared elements of your site in the master page or pages, and add content page-specific elements to content pages.
- Workflows Create workflows that encapsulate business processes to be performed on items in Windows SharePoint Services, and attach those workflows to items in Windows SharePoint Services.
- Custom Field Types Create custom field types that conform to your business data. These custom field types can be based on the base field types already included in Windows SharePoint Services, and can include custom data validation, field rendering, and field property rendering and processing.
- Information Rights Management (IRM) Specify IRM for files located in document libraries and stored as attachments to list items. Create IRM protectors for your own custom file types.
- Document Property Promotion and Demotion Use the built-in XML parser to synchronize the document properties and list column data for XML documents. Create document parsers to do the same for your custom file types.
- Search Use the new Query object model and Query Web service to retrieve search results. Search in Windows SharePoint Services now shares the same SharePoint search technology used by Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007